The website performance improvement plan has a wider remit than the website audit, including website promotion as well as the website itself. Available budget needs to be apportioned between website improvements and website promotion – there’s no point in having an outstanding website if you don’t have any resources or plan to let your market know about it.
Client input is required into
- Website goals and how performance is tracked
- Current website promotion, including
- SEO (onpage factors, plus external links and directories)
- Social Media presence (unpaid)
- Digital advertising including Adwords, LinkedIn, Facebook, Bing, digital display etc
- Third party email campaigns
- Offpage promotion
Promotion should also align with other sales and marketing activities to get maximum benefit.
The most effective initiation is a workshop session with key stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, IT and other business leaders dependent on the client’s organisational structure).
Scope of work
- Review of previous website promotion and sales and marketing activities
- Review of KPIs
- Investigation of previously untapped promotional channels
- Review of client’s in-house resources and website supplier base, to identify any expertise or availability gaps
Input from key client stakeholders is required on an ad-hoc basis during this review and planning stage.
- Draft Performance Improvement Plan, including
- One off changes to the website
- Ongoing activity calendar for website (eg blogs, case studies)
- Ongoing promotional activity calendar (social media, email newsletters, external campaigns etc). This includes an editorial calendar where appropriate.
- Measurement and tracking plan (KPIs, tools etc)
- Time / cost allocations for all activities
- Client stakeholder meeting (1-3 hours dependent on requirements) to review the draft plan
- Final Performance Improvement Plan
- includes activities, costs and timing
- identifies resources responsible for implementation of each activity where possible and highlights gaps.
(We can assist by managing implementation, or we can train and mentor your in-house team build skills).
Who is it for?
Any business wanting to improve website performance
- Immediately actionable improvement plan,
- tailored to the client’s unique needs and experience,
- costed and resourced to client budget
If your website isn’t performing, you need to find out why!