Are you frustrated with your marketing activities? Do any of these sound familiar?
- Your marketing’s ad-hoc. You assess each opportunity when it comes up, but you don’t have an overall budget or plan.
- You’ve tried a few different marketing approaches, but you don’t know which activities drive the most business.
- You know who your target customers are, but you don’t know how to reach them.
- You know your offering’s good, but you always end up negotiating on price to get the sale.
- The number of new clients you get varies wildly from month to month, so your revenue varies as well and it’s hard to plan for great delivery.
If so, it’s time to take a step back from the day-to-day and look at your marketing as a whole. Time to create a marketing plan, focused on your business, your market, your customers. So that all your marketing activities work together to reinforce each other and deliver results.
Client input is required to understand the organisation’s current and past marketing activities. This includes:
- clarification of your services and capabilities, your target market(s) and your competitive position
- understanding how marketing and sales work together, currently and in the future
- setting a marketing budget
- review of marketing activities to date (media, channels, messages and creative, tracking and performance)
The most effective initiation is a workshop session with key stakeholders (usually Marketing, Sales and General Management. Customer Service may also be appropriate).
Scope of work
- Research into target market to challenge / confirm assumptions
- Review of existing marketing collateral and assets (website, brochures etc)
- Review of previous and current campaigns to identify successes, failures and reasons for failure
- Investigation and assessment of previously unused marketing media and channels
- Review of client resources for marketing strategy implementation
- Investigation of external resources where a gap exists
- Review and refinement of marketing performance tracking
- Development of a costed marketing plan
Input from key client stakeholders is required on an ad-hoc basis during this review and planning stage.
- Fully documented Marketing Plan, including:
- clear definition of target market(s)
- measurable marketing goals (leads, enquiries, opportunities) and reporting systems
- 12 month campaign plan
- Creative and branding recommendations
- Recommendations to assist and upskill client marketing team where appropriate
- Recommended third party tools and suppliers to implement the plan where appropriate
- Measurement and tracking plan (KPIs, tools etc)
- Time / cost allocations for all activities
- Client stakeholder meeting (1-3 hours dependent on requirements) to review the draft plan
- Final Marketing Plan
- includes activities, costs and timing
- identifies resources responsible for implementation of each activity where possible and highlights gaps.
(We can assist by managing implementation, or we can train and mentor your in-house team to build skills).
Who is it for?
Any business wanting a solid base to implement systematic, consistent, professional marketing on an ongoing basis
Especially suitable for:
- businesses whose marketing resources are ‘operational’ rather than ‘strategic’
- fast-growing or rapidly changing businesses with an ad-hoc approach to marketing
- Documented, actionable marketing plan
- Consistent tracking of marketing results so that budget can be allocated most effectively
- Tailored to the client’s unique needs and experience,
- Costed and resourced to your budget
What Our Clients Say
"We’ve improved our website, got more visitors and more Facebook fans"
"I got tremendous value and direction out of our meeting"